• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: I think Bob Weir's reaction to the talkers

#243598 1 year, 1 month ago
Bob could have been a bit more diplomatic about it. Between songs he should have done a "hey, excuse me, can I have a word
with you" and told them since they're in such close proximity they're a distraction to his playing. Saying shut the fuck up wasn't
very professional, imho, and out of character.

I've known people who complain about talking during a show, only to see them........talking during a show. However I'm not going to let it ruin my night. If you talk incessantly near me I will ask you to refrain, with a please and thank you. If you're unreceptive I will suggest you go somewhere you won't disturb anyone else, and in extreme cases that's somewhere very far south.

As far as Bob having any drinking problems, I can't say he has a problem. He's in an unusual position in that he's the boss, or one of them, and he has to decide whether he wants to let his drinking interfere with performing. I would never have a problem with him having a couple beers or smoking a j before a show, but hope he'd never let it get in the way of giving his best.

Lastly, I've been keeping an eye on him to see if I detect signs he's "slowing down". This last run of shows I was pleasantly surprised to see/hear him in very good voice and good form all around. Phil continues to impress me with his vigor.
OZA
Senior Boarder

#243603 1 year, 1 month ago
jaredlang wrote:
iraqistatefair wrote:

It's kind of like when im having sex and the woman stops saying "Harder Daddy, fuck me goddmnit" (As I asked her to please do throughout our engagement....) I will simply stop ramming the crap out of her beautiful healthy behind....pause.....she will eventually realize what it takes for "Daddy" to keep this train movin. Not before long will you hear her start cooperating again. That simple. Just stop what they paid for and wait til they're ready to play by your rules.

I think you could have chosen a better way to make your point.

LOL
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#243605 1 year, 1 month ago
jaredlang wrote:
iraqistatefair wrote:

It's kind of like when im having sex and the woman stops saying "Harder Daddy, fuck me goddmnit" (As I asked her to please do throughout our engagement....) I will simply stop ramming the crap out of her beautiful healthy behind....pause.....she will eventually realize what it takes for "Daddy" to keep this train movin. Not before long will you hear her start cooperating again. That simple. Just stop what they paid for and wait til they're ready to play by your rules.

Yes i know i could have.
But its not that important of a topic. We are talking about acoustic bob Weir shows for god sakes.
Im more interested in hearing the Dead play loud and electric where no matter who is talking, they cant be heard because the music is so damn loud and im busy dancin. where in order to have a conversation and even hear your neighbor you have to yell at the top of your voice, and still they are saying back..."What? I cant hear you...wait til this Help on the Way is over...its so loud in here"

There are better ways to make my point too because i dont even care what a woman says while we have sex. Usually im the one who is asked to make farm animal noises or be told what to say. Once this lady asked me to sing the song "I dream a dream" from Les Miserables while we made passionate love. I forgot some of the lyrics, but I kept going anyway- thats how you can tell a real musician apart from the rest
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#243611 1 year, 1 month ago
iraqistatefair wrote:
jaredlang wrote:
iraqistatefair wrote:

Yes i know i could have.
But its not that important of a topic. We are talking about acoustic bob Weir shows for god sakes.
Im more interested in hearing the Dead play loud and electric where no matter who is talking, they cant be heard because the music is so damn loud and im busy dancin. where in order to have a conversation and even hear your neighbor you have to yell at the top of your voice, and still they are saying back..."What? I cant hear you...wait til this Help on the Way is over...its so loud in here"

There are better ways to make my point too because i dont even care what a woman says while we have sex. Usually im the one who is asked to make farm animal noises or be told what to say. Once this lady asked me to sing the song "I dream a dream" from Les Miserables while we made passionate love. I forgot some of the lyrics, but I kept going anyway- thats how you can tell a real musician apart from the rest

Just curious, do u find it difficult and distracting having sex just after being sprayed in the face with mace?
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder

#243670 1 year, 1 month ago
I'm torn.

I HATE talking during shows. It annoys the hell out of me. It's rude to the performers. It's rude to the others in the audience.

But yelling at the crowd, walking off and effectively punishing the entire audience, including the many fans who equally hate talking during shows, is so extreme.

I'm no Bobby Hater by any means. But Bob really didn't go about this the right way, and it's not the first time he acted like an ass.
The following user(s) said Thank You: philisgod
reagan57
Junior Boarder

#243684 1 year, 1 month ago
Celebrity lookalikes. Colonel Sanders and drunk Bobby weir
molly trout
Fresh Boarder

#243699 1 year, 1 month ago
We need to hire Aretha Franklin to wait in the wings, struttin' out on stage > as needed;
come on Aretha, it's time for r-e-s-p-e-c-t...!!! (can we please have your attention)?

& you know, it's been almost 40 years since I've shared my time listening to Bob on stage. I really dig my time(s) being able to recieve & be a part of the experience, in turn & in humble gratitude, I show my respect to artists, including Bob.

I am forever grateful the band keeps playin' on... ~☼~
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#243706 1 year, 1 month ago
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by Terrapin Sedation.
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#243717 1 year, 1 month ago
I sympathize with Bob here. If people want to hang out and run their yappys non-stop they should go to the corner bar; it would be a lot cheaper. It's all about knowing how to behave in public (and also about respect for other people,outdated concept, I know).
Every time this subject comes I am reminded of a Crosby, Stills Nash concert I attended in Greensboro (1977 iirc). They were doing a really sweet "Guinevere". There was a lot of restless chatter going, and being in the south somebody in the crowd yelled out "FREEBIRD" to which Mr Nash screamed at the top of his lungs "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!" There were about 2 seconds of dead silence followed by a standing ovation. So the next time a performer blows up at the yakkers, make sure to show your appreciation.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by lightchaser.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
molly trout
Fresh Boarder

#243725 1 year, 1 month ago
wavy-gravy.jpg

crowd management assistance needed?
Time to create page: 0.79 seconds