• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

I think Bob Weir's reaction to the talkers

#243375 1 year, 7 months ago
is really a head's up that we have to show some respect to performer and other folks to please keep the talk down or off during shows.I understand people want to relate but can't that be before,break and after?
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, ZenoMarx, Sustainabill, kevin, 23atwell
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: I think Bob Weir's reaction to the talkers

#243443 1 year, 7 months ago
I'd be more than fine with one of the band hitting the mic before they play and asking everyone to be quiet. It's obviously a problem, and they have the power to do something about it. USE IT! I realize they don't want to come off as controlling and party-poopers, but I don't mind. Phil said something to the order of, "This is when we play quietly, and you listen loud."
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, kevin, bluetrainsugaree
reagan57
Junior Boarder

#243444 1 year, 7 months ago
weir is an old grumpy alchoholic, his days of wine and roses r long long gone.please sumone tell him enufff is enuff , take a valium n enjoy ur over the hill years.
reagan57
Junior Boarder

#243445 1 year, 7 months ago
charging 50 bucks to see him play . thats ridiculous! hes laughing all the way to the bank as the suckers keep buying his tickets up. Jerry is laughing at Weir and all the people who go to his shows. wat a joke.
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#243447 1 year, 7 months ago
Fucking joke!

He had ZERO regard for the other 98% of the folks who were intentively listening. He acted like an 8 year old child throwing a tantrum.

You're supposed to be a professional.....act like one and play the show you were paid to perform.

Just a grumpy old drunk who's ego is bigger than its ever been.

He sucks anymore!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#243449 1 year, 7 months ago
philisgod wrote:
Fucking joke!

He had ZERO regard for the other 98% of the folks who were intentively listening. He acted like an 8 year old child throwing a tantrum.

You're supposed to be a professional.....act like one and play the show you were paid to perform.

Just a grumpy old drunk who's ego is bigger than its ever been.

He sucks anymore!!

Yeah yeah we get it already - you hate Bob Weir. I think it's funny how obsessed you are about it.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#243450 1 year, 7 months ago
reagan57 wrote:
charging 50 bucks to see him play . thats ridiculous! hes laughing all the way to the bank as the suckers keep buying his tickets up. Jerry is laughing at Weir and all the people who go to his shows. wat a joke.

Another thing I find humorous - when someone thinks they know what Jerry would say or do... please ...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, karenrose
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#243456 1 year, 7 months ago
Well denver man....not sure what to tell ya.

Ignore me.....

I dont like Weirs playing or sound anymore. Plus he pulls bullshit antics....like walking off stage, getting so fucking drunk he can barely play, being a douche to the fans in person.

I have seen it all...
cosmic charley
Junior Boarder

#243457 1 year, 7 months ago
I am so glad Bobby said what the people that are at shows for the music all think . If you don't want to hear the music go home . Bob weir is an artist and a legend . It seems there is an influx of unlearned wanabees going to shows as of late if you you really want to get the message in the music you have to listen. Those of us who want to hear are very ,very tired of it.I guess it is not us only , it is too bad that Bobby had to say this , but I could hear the jabbering on the video clip, these big mouthed dumb people should just shut up. I say we all take a stand and start telling these ungrateful talkers to shut up from now on at shows so Bobby and Phil don't have too, lets start this movement. Remember to just shut up and Dance!!Listen to the music play!!!
Wavethatflag1987
Fresh Boarder

#243459 1 year, 7 months ago
From Deadheadland....

"Reports were that the extra loud guy at Sweetwater that pissed Bob off looks a lot like this picture of the guy that ripped off Hopmonks a couple weeks ago.
__

Hopmonk Tavern in Sebastopol was robbed on Tuesday, February 19th around 11:45PM.

The thief pictured here (wearing an Angels hat and Vans hoodie) got into The ABBEY and stole our mixing board and 2 lighting consoles. The mixing board is a digital console, Yamaha LS-9 32, valued at 10k.

thief.jpg

thief.jpg
The Other Ones 7/5/98
Ratdog 8/19/07
Ratdog 8/22/08
Bob Weir Solo 3/2/13
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Wavethatflag1987.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds