• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#209692 1 year, 10 months ago
It's decided! I'm voting for whomever STOPS calling my house and filling my mailbox with leaflets. Done!!

This Romney jackass calls the house at 9:30 last night. Then it's an automated thing so you can't even go off on the person.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
stricken
Gold Boarder

#209698 1 year, 10 months ago
In all honesty i don't say a whole lot about politics because people that have the best intents can get twisted into a mess that is unrecognizable.

With MR. President Obama we have a man who can have a conversation with every person in AMERICA and that simply wouldn't be the case with mitt. I say this because he never had it hard like the common people who are the backbone of this great country have experienced. So he never will relate to the majority of the common folks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds, kevin, lightchaser, SunshineSue, bluetrainsugaree, dougieisirie
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#209763 1 year, 10 months ago
mtnhead wrote:
kevin wrote:
I'm not big on debating every strength or weakness of either candidate, BUT this election is truly a war of the classes.

If you're a millionaire who wants to protect your portfolio,vote for Romney
If you have to work everyday and count on your employer for health benefits and quality of life, vote for Obama

Romney's history seems to dictate he would not have bailed out the big 3 automakers, but would have let them fail. His history of profiting on American business failures speaks for itself.

Obama is far from perfect, but his policies do seem to be in the best interest of the majority of Americans, not just the rich and very white people (I.E. Mormons and the far right)

Obama will only lose if Americans develop voter apathy and stay home instead of exercising their duty to elect the best candidate for EVERYONE

It's a divided nation between the haves and have nots and the political class is exploiting that division to the fullest to say that their side stands for the have nots. There is so much anger and envy and all other sorts of negative emotions running rampant in our society. No matter who wins, sadly, that's not going away.

I mean, if your guy wins, will it make you feel better ? No matter what side your on ? What about the other half of the country ? What will they be feeling ? This divisive shit scares me.

I agree. I read a comparison today speaking of Obama's Reaction to the ambassador and others in Libya being murdered and it was noted how Reagan was not lambasted when the Marines were murdered in Lebanon in 1983.
Similiar situation, but the democrats were not screaming from the rooftops about it, calling for reagans head, Don't let the goddamn republicans divide and conquer any of us.
-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by kevin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightchaser
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#209817 1 year, 10 months ago
not a reason to for or against but today the President is appearing with Dave Mathews and Bill Clinton at Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, VA and apparently in CO Sunday.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#209826 1 year, 10 months ago
Here's 10 good reasons to vote for Obama: 10 things that Obamacare (actually the Affordable Care Act) will do for you. These are facts, not opinions or projections or estimates. 10 concrete, positive things this President has done to help prevent you from dying simply because of a lack of access to health care. Remember that Romney has promised to eliminate each and every one of these things on his first day in office. Unless you're immortal, I don't know how you can possibly think that's a good thing.

1) Insurance companies can no longer impose lifetime coverage limits on your insurance. Never again will you face the risk of getting really sick and then, a few months in, having your insurer tell you, "Sorry, you've 'run out' of coverage." Almost everyone I've met knows someone who had insurance but got really, really sick (or had a kid get really sick) and ran into a lifetime cap.

2) If you don't know someone who has run into a lifetime cap, you probably know someone who has run into an annual cap. The use of these will be sharply limited. (They'll be eliminated entirely in 2014.)

3) Insurers can no longer tell kids with preexisting conditions that they'll insure them "except for" the preexisting condition. That's called preexisting condition exclusion, and it's out the window.

4) A special, temporary program will help adults with preexisting conditions get coverage. It expires in 2014, when the health insurance exchanges—basically big "pools" of businesses and individuals—come on-line. That's when all insurers will have to cover everyone, preexisting condition or not.

5) Insurance companies can't drop you when you get sick, either—this plan means the end of "rescissions."

6) You can stay on your parents' insurance until you're 26.

7) Seniors get $250 towards closing the "doughnut hole" in their prescription drug coverage. Currently, prescription drug coverage ends once you've spent $2,700 on drugs and it doesn't kick in again until you've spent nearly $6,200. James Ridgeway wrote about the problems [12] with the doughnut hole for Mother Jones in the September/October 2008 issue. Eventually, the health care reform bill will close the donut hole entirely. The AARP has more on immediate health care benefits [13] for seniors. Next year (i.e., in nine months), 50 percent of the doughnut hole will be covered.

8 ) Medicare's preventive benefits now come with a free visit with your primary care doctor every year to plan out your prevention services. And there are no more co-pays for preventative services in Medicare.

9) This is a big one: Small businesses get big tax credits—up to 50 percent of premium costs—for offering health insurance
to their workers.

10) Insurers with unusually high administrative costs have to offer rebates to their customers, and every insurance company has to reveal how much it spends on overhead. This helps keep insurance premiums paying for care, not executive perks.

Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr bakes, fourwnds, kevin, lightchaser
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#209916 1 year, 10 months ago
A little pre-election comedy. Get out and vote, for whoever you think is best. Just vote!!!

This is repost, but it's hysterical!!

mtnhead
Junior Boarder

#209926 1 year, 10 months ago
Things suck under Obama and his plan is more of the same. Everyone says Romney is a rich asshole. Not sure I'm going to vote at all.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#210015 1 year, 10 months ago
mtnhead wrote:
Things suck under Obama and his plan is more of the same. Everyone says Romney is a rich asshole. Not sure I'm going to vote at all.

Try thinking of it as your personal civic responsibility, not just a choice. A whole lot of people in other countries would love to be able to vote, and a whole lot more have fought for your ability to do so here. That might sound hokey but it's the plain truth.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, lightchaser
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#210021 1 year, 10 months ago
It's not hokey, Sue. It's certainly how I look at it.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#210024 1 year, 10 months ago
Go Vote people! Even if you don't like the D or R candidate there is always the L, so maybe you could vote for Mr Johnson. A viable 3rd party is the only way shake things up. It's a way to send a message.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon the Drummer
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#210244 1 year, 10 months ago
"Loath would I be to tell people how to vote, but I would tell people to vote. Vote your heart, vote your conscience. Don't vote your wallet. That's my opinion, but you've got to vote. It's an American's blessed duty." —Bob Weir (1992)
mtnhead
Junior Boarder

#210287 1 year, 10 months ago
I realize we have "the right to vote" in America but I look at it like this, we vote and no matter who wins nothing changes. War on poverty, war on drugs, war on education, war on this, war on that. It's all Bullshit at the end of the day. The media plays these elections as if they're the Super Bowl, who's going to win ? We are ! No, we are ! 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate it ? Our guy !

How are we any different than a third world country except that we have the illusion of being able to change things ? Change has to happen in the soul of a country and right now America has no soul.

Sorry, not to be a downer but I'm really not excited about it.
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds