• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#205343 1 year, 11 months ago
Enough already, no need to spin what has already be spun.

Facts are undisputable
factcheck.org/2012/10/factchecking-the-hofstra-debate/

until the voter base informs themselves ..............

Fact:
In order to run for any office in this country, you will need millions of dollars. The only people that have millions to give are billionaires. So in essence you will have to appeal to the ideas of billionaires in order to get even run for office.

Leaving us nose deep in a plutocracy.

p.s as always it is a must beat the other guys election.

"In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: Not necessarily to Win, but mainly to keep from Losing Completely." ~Hunter S
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, Strider1, dougieisirie
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#205382 1 year, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
I appreciate a leader that doesn't come out and make rash statements before all the facts are known in a touchy international situation. I also appreciate a President who doesn't want to eliminate the worker's compensation system and who wants to make sure that everyone that needs it has health care and disability coverage. And above all, who doesn't consider someone who needs that kind of help as a lesser human being or a "taker" as Romney has described them.
so which is it did he sayit was terror attack or did not rush to make rash statements ,cant have it both ways.anywho ill leave ya alone have a nice day

You have a good one too, 83! I don't think we'll ever change each others minds on politics but I think we're getting a lot better at talking about it while still staying friends!!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#205533 1 year, 11 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
oh okay and obama isnt a big liar.for weeks he blamed the embassy attacks on a spontanous riot caused .by some movie when everyone knew it was a planned attack,the embassy asked for help and was denied and now hillary is going to take the fall .but whatever you keep believing what you want
for weeks?

83msg1sttyme wrote:
but whatever you keep believing what you want
you and tdog must've gone to the same school of immaturity and rudeness
ahh mr maturity himself go play with yourself in the corner okay .If i want any shit from you i just slap ya
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#205536 1 year, 11 months ago

Is the election over with yet?

Let me know who won

I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: SugarMee
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#205696 1 year, 11 months ago
Admittedly, I'm easily amused, but MSNBC just had the following graphic up, while talking about Congressional gridlock, and I got a real chuckle out of it. I think someone on their staff must be a head!!

IMG_2250.JPG
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#206677 1 year, 11 months ago
In remembrance of George McGovern, whose campaign was the first I volunteered for at age 11, and who knew what it meant to be a true progressive, here are some fact checks from the last debate just in time for tonight's round 3. Let's keep them honest on both sides!

Romney’s Seven Biggest Debate Lies

by George Zornick

ROMNEY: “We have fewer people working today than we had when the president took office.”
This is flatly false. The Bureau of Labor statistics just revised estimates from March 2011 to March 2012 upwards by 386,000 jobs—meaning that Obama crossed the magic imaginary barrier of net job creation for his term, and has actually created a net positive 125,000 jobs. This is a simple fact. And there have been 868,000 jobs created in the private sector during this time, which have been offset by public sector job losses—something Mitt Romney would like to see continue.
Moreover, this is an awful tough metric to judge Obama on in the first place. As he’s fond of mentioning, the economy was hemorrhaging 800,000 jobs a month when he took office—so holding him to a net job creation standard means he has to make up for those massive losses that were out of his control entirely. But he’s still done it.

ROMNEY: “I don’t believe employers should tell someone whether they could have contraceptive care or not. Every woman in America should have access to contraceptives.”
Recall back in March, when Senator Roy Blunt of Missouri introduced a bill that would allow employers to deny contraceptive coverage to employees. Mitt Romney said: “Of course I support the Blunt amendment…. Of course Roy Blunt, who is my liaison to the Senate, is someone I support and of course I support that amendment. I clearly want to have religious exemption from Obamacare…. I really think all Americans should be allowed to get around this religious exemption.”
This one is pretty simple.

ROMNEY: “I am not going to have people at the high end pay less than they’re paying now. The top 5 percent of taxpayers will continue to pay 60 percent of the income tax the nation collects. So that’ll stay the same. Middle-income people are going to get a tax break.” A Center for American Progress examination of Romney’s tax plan concluded that the top 10 percent of income earners would reap half of the plan’s benefits, and the top 1 percent would reap one-third of the benefits. Romney tries to dodge this unassailable fact by saying he’ll cut deductions for the wealthy—but he refuses to say which ones. He’s also ruled out raising the tax breaks the wealthy get on capital gains and dividends. This lead the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center to conclude that Romney would have to end up cutting deductions used by the middle class to make his math work—thus raising their taxes.

ROMNEY: “As a matter of fact, oil production is down 14 percent this year on federal land.”
Obama immediately challenged this point, leading to the first of many back-and-forths between the president and Romney. But Obama was right. It’s true that drilling on public lands dropped 14 percent in 2011, but it went up 15 percent the year before. Overall oil production on federal lands is up under Obama—and Romney is being extremely dishonest in singling out the one year that it dropped. We must pause here to note that—since the oil drilled on federal land in the United States has zero impact on global gas prices, since it’s such a trivial amount—it’s not such a hot idea, and not one Obama should be particularly proud of increasing. But he did increase it. Also, it should be noted that Romney plainly said later in the debate that “coal jobs are not up.” In fact, 1,500 jobs in the coal industry have been created since Obama took office.

ROMNEY: “And — and so we — we took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet. I went to a number of women’s groups and said, ‘Can you help us find folks,’ and they brought us whole binders full of women. I was proud of the fact that…[Massachusetts] had more women in senior leadership positions than any other state in America.” First of all, that effort was spearheaded by a nonpartisan coalition of women’s groups, not Romney. Second, the number of women in high-level appointed positions declined 27.6 during his tenure as governor. More importantly, as my colleague Ben Adler notes, Romney has opposed pay equity for women in much more substantive policy ways beyond these anecdotes—opposing the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and the Paycheck Fairness Act. Also, there were no binders full of women at Bain Capital—there were no female partners at that firm during the 1980s and 1990s, according to The Boston Globe. Today, only four of forty-nine of the firm’s managing directors are women. More importantly, as my colleague Ben Adler notes, Romney has opposed pay equity for women in much more substantive policy ways beyond these anecdotes—opposing the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and the Paycheck Fairness Act.

ROMNEY: “I want to make sure we keep our Pell Grant program growing.”
This is simply not true. Romney and his running mate would cut Pell Grants—Romney has been vague on the issue, using ominous budgetspeak that he wants to “refocus” Pell Grant dollars to “place the program on a responsible long-term path,” but Paul Ryan has been far more specific—his budget would cut Pell Grants for up to 1 million students.

ROMNEY: “We’re going to bring that pipeline in from Canada. How in the world the president said no to that pipeline? I will never know. This is about bringing good jobs back for the middle class of America, and that’s what I’m going to do.”
Romney is joining many other members of the Republican party in saying the Keystone Pipeline is a job-creation engine. It’s not. The Cornell Global Labor Institute says it would create only 2,500 to 4,650 short-term construction jobs while it was being built—and the State Department found similar numbers in its environmental review of the project. That’s not enough to impact the unemployment rate, and is notably far, far less than the millions of jobs independent analysts say would be created by Obama’s American Jobs Act, which focuses on many infrastructure projects and increased hiring of teachers and public safety workers.

www.thenation.com/blog/170623/romneys-seven-biggest-debate-lies

Published on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 by The Nation
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
katie mae
Junior Boarder

#206709 1 year, 11 months ago
People who bitch and moan about the Libya situation and slam the current Administration over "not being transparent" or "honest" usually don't have any actual international political experience, at least that's been my experience. If they did, they would know how complex and utterly complicated a situation like this actually is. You don't get all the correct, true intel and information immediately upon asking for it. Teams of experts have to sift through enormous amounts of incoming information and confirm whether or not each piece is factual and true before making it more public and/or sending it up the chain of command. It makes zero sense to send a shitload of potentially false information upward, and out into the public domain when most of it will end up being proven false information. It makes people screaming for blood sound like bratty children who simply do not understand what is at stake. This isn't about the American public having the wool pulled over their collective eyes. It's about operating in a very hostile environment, and under difficult circumstances that we cannot even fathom, and be able to obtain the correct information that tells the actual, true story about what happened. And that can take years to figure out. To expect and demand immediate "truths" shows a lack of real understanding about the situation in the first place.

As someone who understands how this process works, I have to say that I am completely comfortable NOT knowing all the details until they are completely sifted and confirmed. I don't need to know the minutae of every thing that goes on out in the field. In fact, I feel there are many things that we, as the public, shouldn't know because if we know them, then our enemies or those who wish us harm will also know them. I'm adult enough to get that, and accept that, and trust that this President and his ground team are doing the best they can in this situation, and under difficult circumstances. What I do know is that kneejerk posturing and threats of another war are not in our best interest, either as a nation or as a larger global community.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, Phred
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

#206724 1 year, 11 months ago
I love my deadhead family whether they are conservative or liberal or whatever. We all have the same thing in common, the love of the Grateful Dead and all things that are associated with it. You can see someone walking down the street with a dead shirt on and immediately there's that connection. It doesn't matter whether they are conservative, liberal... voting for so and so., etc. I really couldn't care. As long as they are respectful of another person's opinion. Whether they agree with it or not.

That being said. I really feel like this country is headed in a dangerous direction. Both parties are equally guilty in the our whole foreign policy debacle. But I really feel like a vote for Romney is a dangerous one. And the thing that bugs me most, is the increase in military spending. We already spend about half as much as the total military budget for the entire world! Enough is enough!

Romney is looking to increase the military budget to $1 trillion dollars by FY22. In a time when our deficit is growing and growing, and Romney is running on the promise of paying down the deficit and balancing the budget, to me this doesn't seem logical or a step in the right direction. he is just itching if elected president to get us into another war, to satisfy the military industrial complex.

I know there are 2 sides to every argument and I hope I didn't offend anyone, but just wanted to offer my opinion.

Peace and love to everyone and looking forward to New Years.
Attachments:
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#207031 1 year, 11 months ago
I'd say Obama passes the Commander in Chief test, whereas Romney is still fighting the cold war.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#207053 1 year, 11 months ago
Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you're Libertarian or whatever, you (American people) are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job (like President Obama), we got to let them go.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#207061 1 year, 11 months ago
captaintony wrote:
Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you're Libertarian or whatever, you (American people) are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job (like President Obama), we got to let them go.

How exactly has he not done the job, Tony, and how do you think Romney will do something better?
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#207065 1 year, 11 months ago
captaintony wrote:
you (American people) are the best
I really don't like this approach to the world. I don't care how prevalent it is, be it here or elsewhere. I've always found it ugly, unnecessary, and problematic.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds