• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#207031 1 year, 10 months ago
I'd say Obama passes the Commander in Chief test, whereas Romney is still fighting the cold war.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#207053 1 year, 10 months ago
Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you're Libertarian or whatever, you (American people) are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job (like President Obama), we got to let them go.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#207061 1 year, 10 months ago
captaintony wrote:
Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you're Libertarian or whatever, you (American people) are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job (like President Obama), we got to let them go.

How exactly has he not done the job, Tony, and how do you think Romney will do something better?
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#207065 1 year, 10 months ago
captaintony wrote:
you (American people) are the best
I really don't like this approach to the world. I don't care how prevalent it is, be it here or elsewhere. I've always found it ugly, unnecessary, and problematic.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
mtnhead
Junior Boarder

#207097 1 year, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
captaintony wrote:

How exactly has he not done the job, Tony, and how do you think Romney will do something better?

Obama's a divider. He has no solutions to our problems. The country has its collective brow beaten. Time for a change. Romney's the only other option.
DrippingColors
Junior Boarder

#207150 1 year, 10 months ago
ObamaVan.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, SunshineSue, katie mae, Phred
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#207178 1 year, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
captaintony wrote:

Obama hasn't lived up to anyone's expectations, especially those who didn't like him in the first place and thus placed even higher demands on him than his supporters. That isn't anything new. No ethical lines crossed in that regard. Those same people aren't taking his failures in context, either. It's typical politics to set the bar above reason, make it impossible to get the feet off the ground, and then declare the jump a scratch. Both sides do it. Nobody has a level head, and nobody plays fairly in the game. It's a nation of political scumbaggery.

I voted for Obama. I consider him a failure, and there are lots of things about him that rub me the wrong way. I cannot claim to be honest if I say anything differently. I still wouldn't vote for Romney/Ryan as a ticket. I said this elsewhere: if Obama wins, it will not be because of his merits or campaign. It will be because of how much of a mess and absurdity the Republican party has become. The Tea Party is like the Atkin's Diet. There's something to be learned from both, but they're also dangerous and not things that are longterm goodness. In other words, the Republicans are listening to the wrong voices, and as long as they listen to those voices, they'll be in trouble. The problem is that those fucked voices are also the loudest and will unfortunately be the only ones left in the room before they realize they gutted their own hopes and agendas.

I don't agree with Romney's plans, but even if I did, I wouldn't vote for him. The powers driving the party are ugly powers that I could never respect, even if they had the very best talking head.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
Phred
Senior Boarder

#207193 1 year, 10 months ago
mtnhead wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
captaintony wrote:

Obama's a divider. He has no solutions to our problems. The country has its collective brow beaten. Time for a change. Romney's the only other option.

Tdog! Died and resurrected...2 more miracles and you'll be a candidate for Sainthood.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#207196 1 year, 10 months ago
If Obama had walked on water, and we were still where we are today I'd say he fell short of the expectations put on him.
You don't elect a king, you get a president with a congress and senate. He's done good, and I look forward to what he does
in his second term.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, katie mae, DrippingColors
DrippingColors
Junior Boarder

#207198 1 year, 10 months ago
Obama is an intelligent and honest man, in addition to being an inspiring leader. The obstacles he encountered, including a an obtuse congress, the obviously racist attacks against him (think witch doctor and food stamp attacks) disrespect (think "you lie!", birther nonsense, first refusal to raise the debt ceiling in our country's history and religious attacks) did not prevent him from bringing our troops home, turning around the economic factors such as lowering the deficit, unemployment and foreclosures, saving the auto industry and gaining equal rights for woman and gay Americans. He provided health insurance for 40 million people and rolled back unfair practices in the health insurance and financial industries. This decision is not even close, though I think some Americans deserve the abuse they would receive from a Romney/Sheldon Adelson administration
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, Bakes, katie mae
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds