Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#196153 2 years, 1 month ago
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#197128 2 years, 1 month ago
"If Mitt Romney Disappears for a While, He Might One Day Be As Popular As George W. Bush"

nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/09/bush-romne...10&rid=422836105

Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#200645 2 years ago
Energized Obama fights back after lackluster debate

firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/04/1...dnesdays-debate?lite

By NBC's Kristen Welker

DENVER -- A fired-up President Barack Obama spoke to a crowd of more than 12,000 at a Denver campaign event Thursday and seemed to exude the energy and aggressiveness that many of his supporters felt was missing at last night's presidential debate.

Trying to rebound from what many called a listless performance last night, Obama argued today that the Mitt Romney who appeared at the debate was not the “real Mitt Romney.”

“When I got on stage, I met this very spirited fellow who claimed to be Mitt Romney,” he said. “But it couldn’t have been Mitt Romney, because the real Mitt Romney has been running around the country for the year, promising $5 billion dollars in tax cuts that favor the wealthy. The fellow on stage last night didn’t seem to know anything about that.”

The president dedicated the first part of his speech to retroactively rebutting Romney’s debate talking points.

Last night, Romney said his plans to trim the deficit wouldn’t mean teacher cuts: “I reject the idea that I don’t believe in great teachers or more teachers. Every school district, every state should make that decision on their own.”

Romney had the final word on the matter last night, but today Obama told his supporters: “The real Mitt Romney said we don’t need anymore teachers in our classrooms ... But the fellow on stage last night, he loves teachers, can’t get enough of them.”

Last night, Obama also missed an opportunity to highlight his opponent’s personal tax records after Gov. Romney said, “I’ve been in business for 25 years. I have no idea what you’re talking about. I maybe need to get a new accountant ... but the idea that you get a break for shipping jobs overseas is simply not the case."

Today, Mr. Obama fired off this retort: “We know for sure it was not the real Mitt Romney because he seems to be doing just fine with his current accountant.”

And while Romney drew a lot of public criticism for suggesting his deficit reductions would include stripping federal funding for PBS -- and by extension “Big Bird” -- Obama did not challenge him on the point until today: “He said he’d eliminate funding for public television... I mean thank goodness someone is finally getting tough on ‘Big Bird.’ ”
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#205247 2 years ago
Sorry Mitt, but when even the moderator points out that you're lying, it's not a good debate for you. Way to go, Obama, get the truth out there!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon the Drummer, dougieisirie, avettsister
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#205254 2 years ago
Yeah as we know even some members of bands have a difficult time in CO at that altitude. Much better picture of what the president can bring tonight. Still nothing on LGTB rights though.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by B-Rad.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#205309 2 years ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Sorry Mitt, but when even the moderator points out that you're lying, it's not a good debate for you. Way to go, Obama, get the truth out there!!
for starters the moderator is not supposed to take sides second after the debate she admitted she was wrong and romney was correct.Her cutting off romney when he spoke of fast and furious was also wrong and whats the deal with michelle obama clapping even though EVERYONEwas told no clapping?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#205310 2 years ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
for starters the moderator is not supposed to take sides second after the debate she admitted she was wrong and romney was correct.Her cutting off romney when he spoke of fast and furious was also wrong and whats the deal with michelle obama clapping even though EVERYONEwas told no clapping?

I don't know what Candy admitted was wrong, unless it was just that she shouldn't have fact checked him, though I'm sure glad she did.

The truth is that Mitt got nailed trying to push another Republican lie/talking point about the Libya assassinations and he was called on it publicly as he should have been. Just like his lies about his health plan covering pre-existing conditions or supporting equal pay for women or working with Dems in Massachusetts or that he won't cut taxes on the top 2%. The man can't be honest for a second, his entire career has been built on saying what he thinks people want to hear. I distrust most politicians, but he really takes the cake as the ultimate lying scumbag who doesn't have a clue how most people live or think!

Last Edit: 2 years ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#205315 2 years ago
oh okay and obama isnt a big liar.for weeks he blamed the embassy attacks on a spontanous riot caused .by some movie when everyone knew it was a planned attack,the embassy asked for help and was denied and now hillary is going to take the fall .but whatever you keep believing what you want
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#205319 2 years ago
I appreciate a leader that doesn't come out and make rash statements before all the facts are known in a touchy international situation. I also appreciate a President who doesn't want to eliminate the worker's compensation system and who wants to make sure that everyone that needs it has health care and disability coverage. And above all, who doesn't consider someone who needs that kind of help as a lesser human being or a "taker" as Romney has described them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#205322 2 years ago
I CAN'T with a clear conscious, vote for a president who signed into law the NDAA
A document that strips American citizens of due process...
it gives the gov't the legal authority to detain INDEFINATELY Americans without charge or trial...

a federal judge struck down that portion of the bill, & his admin. is fighting tooth&nail to have it kept enacted....

his admin. has basically declared war on on whistleblowers...
after he promised to be the most transparent admin.

& Romney wants to increase defense spending...
we already spend have our national discretionary spending on defense as it is....

NEITHER of these candidates are worthy of your vote....
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds