• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Dead Heads For Obama 2012

#192833 1 year, 7 months ago
If anyone likes a polite but strong back and forth discussion between right and left, I always have to recommend this spot:

www.davedubya.com/
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#192835 1 year, 7 months ago
yeah that site isnt biased
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#192857 1 year, 7 months ago
Actually 83, when polled about the specific proposals in the Aforable Care Act most people want it. The right has been able to use its propaganda machine to discredit obamacare (like the idea that requiring people to get private insurance a big government takeover). He also signed the two largest tax cuts in US history into law, cut government spending by the largest % in over 50 years, reduced taxes on 90% of us, got Bin Laden, was in office during record stockmarket highs, record corporate profits, record capital on hand for corporations, and has deported more undocumented immigrants than anyone else. Hardly left wing radicalism.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#192988 1 year, 7 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
yeah that site isnt biased

Oh, the blogger is definitely liberal. But the discussion is about half and half right and left, and it's pretty civil (no name calling or rudeness tolerated).

www.davedubya.com/
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#192990 1 year, 7 months ago
I think the point is, everyone wants stuff to be affordable and good quality. The truth is, there is no way to provide that without allowing doctors to earn a living worth putting in the hard work and dedication it requires to become a good quality physician. If you don't pay them, they won't do it. Simple.
Free medical clinics in the Haight during the late 60's were a disaster at the end of the day. As was the communal attitude where everything is free and everyone works for everyone else. The sad fact is that some people take advantage of well meaning, kind people until the kind, hard working people simply can't provide anymore. If you haven't already, read Orwell's Animal Farm, it makes this point rather clearly and it's entertaining as well.
Peace.
Freedom is truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#192992 1 year, 7 months ago
Obama, unfortunately, is a fraud. He used Bobby and Phil and the Deadhead image to promote himself in the last election and now is actively working to steal our freedoms and to further the destruction in places like Afghanistan. He is not working for us, he only cares about keeping power. I think Mitt Romney genuinely cares about America and it's traditions including the arts and culture and Americana ala Jerry and the boys grew up with in the Bay Area back in the 50's. Please, consider doing the right thing in 2012 and voting Obama out.
Freedom is truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, pettyblue440
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#193225 1 year, 7 months ago
These remarks from Romney are unacceptable from anyone who would desire to lead our country:

www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/sec...y-private-fundraiser

SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Voters
When he doesn't know a camera's rolling, the GOP candidate shows his disdain for half of America.
—By David Corn | Mon Sep. 17, 2012 1:00 PM PDT

During a private fundraiser earlier this year, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney told a small group of wealthy contributors what he truly thinks of all the voters who support President Barack Obama. He dismissed these Americans as freeloaders who pay no taxes, who don't assume responsibility for their lives, and who think government should take care of them. Fielding a question from a donor about how he could triumph in November, Romney replied: "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax."

Romney went on: "[M]y job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."
Phred
Senior Boarder

#193230 1 year, 7 months ago
tdog wrote:
I think Mitt Romney genuinely cares about America and it's traditions including the arts and culture ...

If that is in fact the case, why then has he stated that one of his first acts as President (God forbid!) would be to remove funding for the NEA and PBS? Or is it just the "arts and culture" that he likes?
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#193237 1 year, 7 months ago
Well, I don't know.

I know that Obama is a power hungry fraud and a Tyrrant that ought to be feared and his ideas rejected. Obama rejects America and seeks to transform it. To what, he never tells us. Downright frightening.

Not to worry, NPR will survive as long as there's a market and an audience for it.

I'll take freedom over Tyrrany and so should you. Free your mind man. It's the only way to truth.

Peace.
Freedom is truth.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#193239 1 year, 7 months ago
that whole comment about the 47% isnt toofar off and has nothing to do with caring for those people its about how to direct campaign resources in other words people have their mind made up to vote for obama no point in tryingto sway them lets concentrate on the swing voters.obama has done a terrible jobplain and simple anddoesnt deserve a 2nd term you can make statistics prove any point by omitingthis or that both sides do this all the time romney has experience in buisness and knows how to make money he saved the olympics from going broke obama has had our credited rating ruined ,lowered twice never happened in our history,we owe so much money to the national debt we are broke the dollar is worth 70 cents. gas is higher than its ever been food prices forget about them he didnt get osame the seal team did and taking credit for it is a joke at best and a disgrace at worst.this tape was made over 4 months ago illegally mind you so why did they wait till now to release it? maybe because the middle east is going insane and our embassies are burning and people getting killed and how come more people arent upset by the factthat 47% of the population is in trouble any 4 more years of this change and you better start brushing up on your chinese cuz they gonna own your ass good nite keep drinking that obama koolaid and getting stoned the goverment loves people that dont pay attention while they fuck you
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: tdog
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds