• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
gratefulelectric
Junior Boarder
mama tried

summer tour coheadliner

#10290 3 years, 5 months ago
Thats some big venues for just furthur to play. All the venues didn't announce any furthur shows yet. Who is w/ them

I hope they don't coheadline with the allmans that means they will rotate closers
gratefulelectric
Junior Boarder
mama tried

Re: summer tour coheadliner

#10291 3 years, 5 months ago
bethel 15,000

holmdel 17,000

jones beach 14,000

these venues need all the boys or a really good opener

string cheese opening for furthur that would kick ass
reb
Visitor

#10295 3 years, 5 months ago
www.greggallman.com/modules.php?op=modlo...stevents-gaf2009-all

Gregg Allman solo tour dates:
07/13/11 Nurnburg, GERMANY Lowensaal
07/15/11 Tuttlingen, GERMANY Honberg Sommer
07/16/11 Alsfeld, GERMANY Burg Herzberg Festival
08/4/11 Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA Kitchener Blues Festival
08/26/11 Windsor, Connecticut SummerWind
08/27/11 Hunter Mountain, New York Bluestock

Looks like the ABB won't be co-headlining summer tour with Furthur.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#10306 3 years, 5 months ago
they should go out with the David Nelson Band
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#10312 3 years, 5 months ago
I just hope that if its coheadlined that Furthur still plays 2 sets and dosn't shorten the amount of time they play for.

I'd rather have it just a Furthur tour as they will probably play for shorter time and just so I don't haveto wonder about that until summer....

Do you guys remember Furthurs fall tour when they played MSG amoung other big venues, I know - they didn't sell out the 2nd MSG night but the first was packed and still a lot of people ther 2nd night. Plus after the tour they just put on, I think they'll be a lot more people trying for this tour then any Furthur tour before.

I think its safe to say all the venues will still be packed this summer if Furthur plays alone....
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#10313 3 years, 5 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
they should go out with the David Nelson Band

No offense Highway, but the 400 people who would show up for DNB wouldn't make much of a dent.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#10425 3 years, 5 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I just hope that if its coheadlined that Furthur still plays 2 sets and dosn't shorten the amount of time they play for.

I'd rather have it just a Furthur tour as they will probably play for shorter time and just so I don't haveto wonder about that until summer....

Do you guys remember Furthurs fall tour when they played MSG amoung other big venues, I know - they didn't sell out the 2nd MSG night but the first was packed and still a lot of people ther 2nd night. Plus after the tour they just put on, I think they'll be a lot more people trying for this tour then any Furthur tour before.

I think its safe to say all the venues will still be packed this summer if Furthur plays alone....

MSG was Poppin off man! we sold that place out the first night and Furthur doesnt even advertise shows on radio n what not.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#10428 3 years, 5 months ago
Those really big venues at the top of the thread are all NY area. After the RCMH shows I don't think Furthur will have any trouble headlining them on their own.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Deadphishie55
Junior Boarder

#10431 3 years, 5 months ago
I guess I wouldn't mind an opener if the band still did 2 sets but if it meant they had more time I would much rather see just the band
skifurthur
Junior Boarder
Capturing the passion of performance

#10440 3 years, 5 months ago
Furthur will not have a problem selling outdoor sheds on the east coast this summer. It's a short tour after the July 4th holiday. No opener needed.
Time to create page: 6.84 seconds